Recipe | Original South Tyrolean Christmas Tents
Recipe by master confectioner Peter Paul Pertoll, who has been running his confectionery "Peter Paul" in the old wine village of St. Pauls | Eppan since 1981 with great passion and a sense of tradition. Fresh local ingredients in exquisite, lovingly designed confectionery are a feast for every palate.
350g coarsely chopped hazelnuts
350g chopped figs
500g white wine
250g candied fruit
cinnamon, lemon, clove powder
For the dough:
150g rye flour
- Prepare a soft dough with the ingredients for your dough and add the soaked fruits.
- Mix all ingredients well and let it rest for 2-6 days.
- Mix the soft rye dough well with the fruits
- Press the dough into the desired shape and decorate with almonds and walnuts and bake at moderate heat
- Remove the forms from the oven while they are still hot and brush them thinly with honey.
- Finally, decorate with candied fruit as desired